manderly|rose on etsy

Monday, November 17, 2008

Manic Monday

Don't you hate it when you are minding your own business and you start to hear that the toilet hasn't stopped filling, and then you realize that you are really hearing water hitting the floor because the toilet hasn't stopped running? Yes, my toilet tank overflowed. Not the bowl, no, I'm special. The tank!

There I stood, pulling the stopper up to re-flush (over and over), trying to bail water out of the tank with my Netti pot (not a good size for bailing), water still overflowing. The kitties came barreling into the room, in fact I'm sure one of them tumbled, to see the commotion and help. Always what you need in a situation like this. I threw down towels to block the water from exiting the room and kept futzing until it stopped. Max and Cleo looked disappointed when the it stopped, I think they were enjoying it. I'm sure they were saying to each other "What a nice departure from the typical day!"

About a year ago I had to replace the gizmo in the tank that makes it flush and fill. At the time, I wondered if I had the water turned back on right or if it was too high. It has sounded loud and fast. Well, just in case, now it's turned another half turn and is much slower. I'm sure there is a happy medium, but I don't need THIS again any time soon. I have no clue what brought this on, nor do I really care as long as it's fixed. I keep going back in and flushing, just to check. I know, that's not very conserving of me, but I'm a little paranoid.

I have a fear of water. Fear of drowning really. I can swim, if I have to. I rarely get my head wet, and I can't bear to have water in my eyes or ears. I don't even like my mouth or nose under water, and I never swim under water. I don't go in water I can't see the bottom of. I used to swim in lakes as a kid, dark lakes, with things that nibbled on my toes, ICK! Fortunately, the water in bathroom didn't rise enough to freak me out, but still...

Kitties are now refreshed from their splashing, and are ripping through the house doing their chasing/pouncing/figure eight moves. I'm trying to remember what I was doing before all the commotion started...

1 comment:

CT said...

Oh my...always something! - CT