manderly|rose on etsy

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Ah, Halloween!

I decided last minute to join my friends for Halloween. I was driving home from work and just decided that would be more fun than going home and pretending I wasn't home because I had no candy to give out. I know, I'm bad, but it was a busy week!

As is the tradition, we all met at someones house for pizza and beverages, took a group pic of the kids, and then set out. The men stayed behind to give out candy - that means sit in a central driveway with their drinkies and hand out candies for three houses. It worked out wonderfully!

The ladies started out following the children, then a few of us got separated from the children (an adult was with them at all times, just not me!). We walked the neighborhood, visited, had some drinkies, it was a fun time. (I would like to note that I have not indulged in drinkies in a long time, and my indulgence was quite minimal.)

Ever heard of a Beer-rita? Mmmmm, if I hadn't had to to work today, I would have had more than a few sips! It's a beer margarita. I repeat, mmmmmm. One of my friends made sure to bring the pitcher on our walk so we did not run low. I love my friends :-) Exercise AND drinkies, what else do you need?

It was a fun night, and all the kids had a great time too. Lots of great costumes, lots of fun, I just love Halloween in my friend's neighborhood!

I was a good girl and came home very early as I did have to work today. Sure glad I did, as we were running all day at work, and I'm beat now!

New this week on my Etsy Site: Beginner knitting pattern for a cute hat, monogramed Bridal party handkerchiefs for brides and gramas.

This weekend I plan to take some better pics of the hankies that I've added to my Etsy site, and work on some other things. Keep an eye out :-)

1 comment:

CT said...

Beer-rita? Mmmmmmmm You're just going to have to give out the recipe...please :)