manderly|rose on etsy

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Friday Update

I have worked hard all week at the new job. I like it, great people, tons of fabric, wonderful sewing/quilting/embroidery machines and sergers to drool over. Yesterday I got to learn how to use the mac-daddy Babylock...Elegante machine, yes, I pretty sure it was that one! It's so different from my mac-daddy Janome 11000. We stitched out an amazingly digitized zebra design, hanging out on the Serengeti. I'm always in awe of truly well done designs, as well as how in the world those machines do it! I could sit and watch the stitching for hours. Watching how it works really helps me when I'm doing my own digitizing.

I'm getting used to the routine, and I get to teach my first class next week. I will probably spend some time between now and then making another bag so that I can refresh my memory. It will be a fun class. Some ladies come in last week to get their fabric, and they were just wonderful. I promised them a fun class!

While my body, mind, and soul get used to the transition, I have been sleeping much better. Mostly I guess because I'm exhausted at the end of the day, and I'm working more days than I used to. That's always good. I have not had the time to devote to my Etsy shop though, and that's not so good. I'm sure balance will find it's way into my life at some point. I haven't worked full time for nearly two years. I do enjoy working though, especially at a job where I can really be creative. I never see myself in a corporate environment again.

What I did accomplish this week...
- You'll find my personalized, machine embroidered hankies for the Bride and Grandmother. I have a Mother design coming up soon, and of course all of them can be customized for grandmothers, mothers, bridesmaids... They are also nice for christenings, baptisms, confirmations... the list of hanky gift giving events is endless! They are truly lovely and elegant.

- I'm finishing up a custom order for some knitted wash cloths. The customer chose a color and quantity, and I'm getting those done for her. She is giving them as holiday gifts. I have another customer who is wanting to see more (she's local and moving soon), so today I'm off to visit her and show her my surplus. Knitted wash cloths are just the best!

I've begun listing the blogs I follow on my blog, maybe some of you will find them as fun as I do. Check them out. Most of them are fellow Esty shop keepers. A few are just really interesting people.

I must get on with my day. I've got errands to run and people to see. It's time to start thinking about Christmas gifts! Happy Friday!

1 comment:

dearprudence said...

Great Blog!!

YES!! Prudence does this all night. Her scratching post is by my bed and she sings this happy song while she scratches.

And I've noticed that about putting things in her water! I wonder if she's contaminating it to discourage our other cat? How funny. She really is such a funny bratty baby!

Thanks for the comment!!
Emily