manderly|rose on etsy

Monday, January 19, 2009

New Kitty Monday - Part Deux

Aaaaahhhh the joys of introducing new kitties to a household.

I carried in the cat-carrier with Ally inside, and let Max and Cleo sniff at it, her sniff at them.

Instant growling, by Ally! Max and Cleo sat side by side, giving me a perplexed look, sniffed again (in unison), then turned to each other with looks on their faces that clearly said, "What the f@#* was that?"

Cleo followed a safe distance while I carried Ally into the bedroom, the safe zone. Ally poked her head out, Cleo bolted from the room.

Cleo periodically goes into the bedroom to see if Ally is still there. She won't come near me, it's all my fault there has been an invasion.

Ally continues to hide under the bed, ignoring all of us. She won't even face me, just looks over her shoulder at me then turns away.

Max sat in the kitchen nearly 15 minutes when I got home, as if him ignoring it would make her go away. Later he jumped up with me, and is now sound asleep. Total denial.

Ah yes, the games have begun.

1 comment:

CT said...

Score: Ally 1, Max and Cleo 0; or is that Max and Cleo 2, Ally O? Good luck adjusting! - CT