manderly|rose on etsy

Friday, January 9, 2009

Adventures in Traffic Court

Way back in September I got this speeding ticket. I question it because I was cited for 10 over the speed limit, which is the next fine bracket, and I really don't think I was going that fast where they said I was. I don't believe I could have slowed for traffic at the intersection safely if I was going that fast. Also, it was a speed trap for a school zone. The sign for the zone only faces traffic during school zone hours. The rest of the time it is turned to face the sidewalk. I have issues with that, as I rarely travel that route during school time, so I had never seen the sign.

On a side not, that sign turning thing is done all over this part of town, and it's making me crazy. I need to understand...

So I decided to go have my day in court. In November the clerk gave me a court date of Jan 9, she even hilited it for me on the paperwork. Nice gal!

When I went to court today I first found I was not on the docket. They sent me to the clerk, who sent me to the court room. Now I have to mention, there were a LOT of attorneys there, and families, and it was a rougher looking crowd. I wondered...

The very nice judge had her group try to figure out why I was there. Turns out, I was in FELONY court. They couldn't figure it out, so they sent me back to the clerk.

A few phonecalls later, they figured out that I had been scheduled for Jan 9 2008! A YEAR AGO!

Did you know that if you don't show for court, they issue a bench warrant? AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have a new court date, and an apology from the clerk.

Just had to share.

2 comments:

CT said...

Oh my! Thank goodness it was their error...what would the kitties have done without you?! - CT

CT said...

They are probably ploting your escape right now...:)