manderly|rose on etsy

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Where's Lucy?

Had dinner at a friend's house last night. She has two dogs, one a Jack Russell named Lucy. Quite a character. Races around, so much energy. Through the course of the evening, dogs went out a few times, normal. At one point we realized, Lucy wasn't in the house. Uh oh...

Checked out back, no Lucy. There was however, the slimmest chance she could have gotten out under the gate. So we proceeded to walk the neighborhood, my friend in the back ally area, me out front, calling for Lucy. We just couldn't find her.

Now, my friend has this great house overlooking the water. So, I walked the seawall, looking into the darkness for any sign of white in the water. I did NOT want to find her there. I did find a buoy, a McDonald's bag, and some seaweed. I don't know what I would have done if I'd seen Lucy bobbing out there.

Neighbors joined the hunt, and it lasted a while. Neighbors who were having a big party next door even joined in! Lucy is well liked in the neighborhood. Finally, my friend said she was going to get her car and drive around. I went in the house to find out which way she was headed, and there was Lucy, in the garage, and my friend was so relieved. If I'd have had a tranquilizer, I'd have given her one.

She had been in the garage the entire time. Didn't bark, didn't whine, just out there, hanging out, listening to the commotion. She was probably imagining us running around, and how we would tell my friend's kids and husband how we'd lost her. I think Lucy has a dark side.

Lucy had some 'splainin to do!

After we settled back down, Lucy curled up and went to sleep on my friend's lap. Must be nice to be a dog!

Oh ya, while we were outside, the other dog got up on the counter and ate some cookies. Quite a night!

2 comments:

CT said...

Oh...so glad you found Lucy! Bet she wonders where the cookies went to also! Ha Ha Ha - CT

Brook said...

HHAH how funny is that! Dogs are such brats!