manderly|rose on etsy

Monday, December 15, 2008

Manic Monday


Announcement: I am now on ArtFire!

I have a small amount of merchandise available at my new ArtFire shop. Yes, I still have an Etsy shop as well. Those addresses are:
www.manderlyrose.etsy.com

I will be adding more merchandise to both after the first of the year. I have some new items I would like to bring in, and have just not had time to make up.
I have lowered the shipping prices for most of my items, as I don't really want to profit from shipping. Now that I've mailed a few things, I have a better feel for the costs associated, and I have reflected that with the lower rates.

I went to the post office today to mail a key tag...then I got back in my car and drove to a smaller post office down the road. The one I went to had, I'm not kidding, 30+ people in line (I stopped counting at 30), and only THREE CLERKS. That's not bad you might say, except the have room for six. Nobody looked like they were in the mood to hang out in line and make the best of it, so I turned around and left.

The next post office I tried had 15 in line. The key to that one is that they have a tiny parking lot, so not that many people can park there, so less people inside. I was in and out in about 10 minutes. As a plus, they were serving cookies, soda, and apple juice. The whole environment was so pleasant! Especially compared to down the road. In fact, the lady behind me in line commented that she'd seen me leave the other on, and had followed me over, and how much better it was there.

According to the radio report I heard, today is the busiest mailing day of the year. The workers told us that the next three days are the busiest delivery days. I guess it's nice to see that there is a business out there that is going strong.

Kitty update - Her name is Ally, and I have decided to take her in. She is declawed, so that could pose some interesting wrestling with my fully clawed kitties, and everyone will be flea treated before she comes. Sometime early January. Just what I need, a third cat. But, I'd just never forgive myself if she ended up somewhere bad.

Max and Cleo are in denial, they just ignore me when I tell them about it. Boy will they be mad at me! Max was mad when I brought Cleo home, for about two months. I'm hoping that Ally will be a good match for Cleo so that she will have someone to play and wrestle with who will A)enjoy it; B)keep up with her; C)keep her attention off of Max, who really is an old fart set in his ways for such a young one!

Who is ready for Christmas? I keep hearing people talk about how they have last minute shopping to do. Well, there are still 9 shopping days, or 10 if you shop at the gas station on Christmas Day. Car air freshener anyone?

I've got to finish with the order of hankies I'm working on for a gal I know. Her daughter is getting married, and she had me do three monogrammed hankies. One for her daughter, one for her mom, one for her MIL. The mom's hankies also have the monogram and wedding dates of their kids and grand kids in the corners. I found amazing blanks to use, and came up with a really nice embroidery design and layout. I will take pics of them to put on my Etsy and ArtFire sites so that I can offer more variety to my customers. Then I will pack them up in their little gift boxes (included with purchase) and have them ready for delivery. Sure glad I don't have to mail them, ha ha! Who wants to be at the post office? NO ONE!

Max is trying to get between me and my keyboard, and it really being a pain, so I'm going to run. Oh jeeze, he's just gone behind the monitor, I don't trust him back there, he likes to chew cords...

No comments: