manderly|rose on etsy

Saturday, April 11, 2009

What's new? Patterns!!!

I'm pleased to report that I have self-published my first sewing pattern! Actually, an "instructional", as there are no pattern pieces. I've developed an easy to read format, diagrams, special notes, terms and definitions, and skill levels.




The first one which I've named on-the-Go Clutch was included in a kit with all the components to make it, and sold out of the shop I work at. First though they debuted for one day at the Sewing and Quilt Expo in Tampa in our booth. Sold 10 of 18! The rest sold out in the store in two days.

More kits are in process and I'll be teaching it as a class in a month or two. I already have ladies asking for them. Aaahh!

It was really gratifying the day a customer came in with one completed. WOW! From my pages to her hands! It was so cool to see that the pattern worked for someone not too familiar with it, like I was!

The on-the-Go Clutch happened by accident. A pal of mine designed a messenger bag kit that she taught at Expo, and there was leftover fabric. Why not come up with a bag that could go in the bag? Four weeks later it was for sale! It was a whirlwind, and very satisfying.

I have another clutch pattern in the works as well as some home dec projects. Hoping to get them allfinished by the first part of May. I also need to post pictures here and add them to my Etsy and Artfire sites.

What to do when those are done? Then I'm off to work on some holiday things, another bag, and more home dec. So many ideas, so little time!

No comments: