manderly|rose on etsy

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Celebrating with Food

My birthday was Friday. Many calls and emails from friends and family. Even got some traditional paper cards, signed, mailed with a stamp! One was about the 7 menapausal dwarves, which made me laugh.

Yes, I'm oh so lucky to have entered the wild world of peri-menapause symptoms in my VERY early 40's. Makes for some interesting days :-)

Anyhow, I've had three birthday dinners in three days. All amazing, great friends, lots of fun. But this year is different.

I've lost 11 pounds since Christmas. I realized a difference in how my pants fit, and weighed myself. What is my "program"?
- smaller portions
- more active
- cut out about 95 percent of diet soda

I ended up coming home with doggie bags from my birthday dinners. I can only eat half as much as I used to!

I am amazed, and I'm making sure to now be conscious about my eating. I miss my Diet Coke, Diet Pepsi, Diet Rootbeer. I have found that 0 cal/0 sodium no seltzer water handles my carbonation craving. I need to get away from the flavored to plain with a splash of juice, but it's amazing what cutting the diet soda has done for me.

I'm going to start walking a couple days a week. I'll keep doing what I'm doing.

Kitty update: I have stopped feeding Ally in the bedroom. I've brought her out and shoed her the food and water a few times, and when she's hungry, she'll come out. Tough kitty love :-( I hate it, but she has been in the bedroom for three weeks!

1 comment:

CT said...

Happy belated birthday! Congrats on the weigh loss. Keep up the great work. - CT